Background

Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Difference Between Men and Women

It's funny how different men and women are. I'm not talking about your normal differences of physical features, emotional levels, or cliche roles. I'm talking about your basic psychological way of thinking.

Take for instance tonight. My husband invited some friends over to watch all the Fast and the Furious movies they could cram into one night. Not even four minutes (no joke) after the last person arrived they had the first movie going. I've pulled a six movie marathon before with one of my best friends and her sisters and it took us at least an hour before we started the first movie. There was some catching up to do, popcorn to make, drinks to hand out, and I'm sure a few other things that couldn't wait to be done before we got settled in and started.

After the first movie ended for my husband and his friends there was approximately two minutes before the next one was playing. Again I can't help compare to my girl's marathon where we each ran around doing different things in preparation for sitting through another two hours. Probably fifteen minutes there.

Next observation: Movie's playing and someone needs to use the bathroom. There is no pausing the movie to wait, it's your fault you have to go to the bathroom so you miss however long it takes you to go. Girl's would totally pause the movie or plan ahead and go during the fifteen minute break between movies.

To top it off, all three guys agreed the movies they were going to watch were super cheesy and kind of stupid. I thought maybe they were kidding, but when they finally called it a night my husband announced again that those were the stupidest movies ever made. At least with our girl's marathon we watched something cool that we were all interested in. Oh well, at least he had fun with his friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment